SESC Recreational Soccer is a community based soccer program offered in the Southeast Portland area. The quality of our recreation program attracts children and parents throughout the community because we provide every youth soccer player the best possible experience.
- Ages: Boys/Girls U6 – U14 (Kindergarten – 8th Grade)
- Divisions: U6 – U7 Mighty Mites / U8 – U14 Recreational
- Practices: 1 – 2 per week in the Fall, none in the Spring. Days & times are not set until 1 or 2 weeks before the first game. This is out of our hands as we do not receive the field allotment from Portland Parks until then.
- Games: 1 per week
- Seasons: Fall (late Aug – early Nov), Spring (Apr – May)
- Registration begins in May, and includes both Fall & Spring
- Registration ends: July (U8 – U14), August (U6 & U7)
- U6: Co-ed Teams. U7 – U14: Boys / Girls Specific
The purpose of the SESC U6 – U14 recreational soccer program is to provide an educational and fun environment for children to learn and participate in the sport of soccer. We at Southeast Soccer Club believe that all children who want to play can do so, regardless of ability. Our programs are structured to introduce young players and new coaches to the sport of soccer with an emphases on participation and enjoyment, as well as fair and balanced competition. Parents – we want your child to have a wonderful time and grow into a young adult with soccer as a positive aspect of their development! In return we ask that the kids who register to be on a team want to be there, will give the proper effort at practices and games, and will give the coaches and fellow players the attention and respect necessary for the team to be successful.
Further details are on the FAQ page, and more Mighty Mites U6-U7 details are available on our Mighty Mites pages, accessible from the Recreation Menu above.
A PDF of the Portland Youth Soccer Association U9-U14 Parent Guide is Here.
Are you interested in Coaching a SESC recreational team?
As a non-profit organization, SESC relies on volunteer coaches to help run and promote recreational soccer within our community. SESC provides a number of resources for coaches to make the experience both enjoyable and rewarding. The unselfish commitment of our coaches benefits the club, the parents, and most of all the children of the Southeast Portland Community.
Check out the coach information provided by using the Coaching menu on this website.
For more questions please contact our Director of Coaching, Corey Johnson at email@example.com